Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WARNING: Bedhead Ahead!: My first hair tutorial (ignore the bad pictures)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE hair tutorials! So I thought I might give it a try!

 This is what the end result looks like. Pretty cute, uh?

The process to get there was an easy one, but looked INSANE! I'm going to write this in steps (I feel like that will be easier).
1. Get a medium sized piece of fabric and cut it into about 1.5x5 inch strips. Bigger for longer hair. Smaller for short hair. Pretty simple.
2. Section off your hair into 1 inch pieces. 
3. Take your pieces of hair and roll it in the strips and tie it. Does this make sense?
This is what Step 3 looks like! It makes you look like an old rag-doll.

4. Sleep on it! It will stay in through the night. Keeping it in while you sleep will help the curls last.
5. Now wake up in a peaceful zen!!
SLEEP FACE

6. Take out the strips.
I lost about 2 inches of length.

7. Brush it out gently to get some of the length back. And get some of the crazy curls tamed.
That's better! Betterish. It kinda looks like a bad 80s perm.

8. This is the step where you just play around with the curls until they look the way you want them to. I usually just use a curling iron and fix some curls that look a little out-there. The end result looks like this:
Same picture as before. Sorry not sorry.

*If you want, add a cute hairband or hat.
I got this vintage hat at a thrift store this year. I love it! It's totally retro!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I hope you give it a try! Let me know if you have any questions!















No comments:

Post a Comment